Saturday, August 14, 2010

August 14

I'm bad at this journal thing.
I aim one day for it to be easy, but right now it is not.
I always forget to update and then I forget what happened.
Today I worked, bright and early but it was such an amazing morning I couldn't believe it. After work I came home and hung out with my husband a little while until he left for work. Then I went to the library...to Shane at work...and back to the library. I ordered all the books I want to read (7 of them) and borrowed a few until they come in. I'm real sorry to say that I got mad at Shane for having my library card, it was a real nasty way for me to be to the man I love. I'm sorry now of course. I wrote him a note explaining myself and made a i heart u out of cherry blasters. I hope that he understands. It must have been the heat, 37 degrees it came to, I was dripping sweat in the car, no wonder I was cranky.
I went to mom's for dinner and then steph and I saw eat pray love in theatres. What a wonderful movie!
Here is what I learned.
1) Love yourself first
2) Find balance
3)Forgive yourself

Now if I could only really understand it all. I can't wait to mature. But I love where I am now don't get me wrong.
After the movie tonight Butter and I went for a walk in the steamy hot dark where I could only think of the intoxicating smell for blackberries permeating the thickness. Late August evening are so wonderful!

Last night I had Erin over for dinner.
I was so proud to show off my space, it feels so great to be proud of my work. What impressed me even more it that it is a basement I'm proud of.
I made local heirloom tomato bruschetta with basil from my planter and crostinis from the loaf of bread I baked that morning finished off with some pepper goats cheese. So yum.
For dinner we had buttermilk marinated chicken, spaghetti noodles with homemade pesto and shavedparmesan. and crap corn we don't need to talk about.
For dessert I had made plum crumbles to go with the vanilla ice cream we made, but I also made a decadent chocolate mousse which is the option we ended with. (My favourite recipe if from the Chocolate cookbook)

Now I best get to sleep before my eyes close on the page

No comments:

Post a Comment